Do you feel refreshed when you have a good reading month?
This is exactly the feeling that I have about February because it has been one of my best reading months in a very long time! I was able to dive into so many great cozy mysteries and even stepped out of my comfort zone and read my first historical/western fiction! One of my goals for this year is to read books from genres outside my norm and what I am finding, is that there are a lot of other genres that I really like and hope to continue to explore each of them.
Now for what you all are actually here for, my February wrap-up! This month I read a total of 9 books!
- Things You Save in the Fire by Katherine Center: This was a re-read for me, but Center has a way with her writing to make you feel every single emotion and I am here for it!
- Vanilla Bean Vengeance by Agatha Frost: This is the first book in Frost’s Claire’s Candles mystery series and it was such a fun read. It came as a complete shock as to who the murder suspect was! Seriously, Frost did a wonderful job keeping you on your toes throughout the investigation.
- Pies and Prejudice by Ellery Adams: This is the first book in A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery series and I will be honest, this one did not do it for me. I did listen to the audiobook so if I read the physical copy, maybe I could appreciate it more.
- The Duke and I by Julia Quinn: Yes, yes I caved and read the first Bridgertons book and I am not mad about it. I loved everything from the relationships, the overall family, the world…it was great and I look forward to book 2.
- Crime and Poetry by Amanda Flower: Okay I really enjoyed this one! The characters were so fun and feisty which made for some comedic relief. Throw in a little magic, a quaint little book shop, of course a murder, and then BAM you have the perfect cozy!
- A Crafty Killing by London Lovett: This is the newest book in the Firefly Junction series and I freaking loved it, but that’s no surprise. London Lovett’s books are the ones that reignited my love for reading so I may be a little bit biased. I just love the world she is able to create in each of her books and how easily it is to love each of the characters.
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas: All I can say is WOW and how I am mad at myself for waiting so long to read this series. This was far better than the first book in the series—it literally wrecked me–the end!
- One by One by Ruth Ware: I did not love this one like I was hoping I would. I hear so many great things about Ruth Ware, but I think I may need to pick up another.
- Whiskey When We’re Dry by John Larison: This was the first Historical Western Fiction that I have read or at least remember reading and I thoroughly enjoyed this one. The best way to describe this book is that it is all: gunfights, revenge, desperation, self discovery, and whiskey. I thought the writing in this book was fantastic and makes me want to pick up another by this author.
Well there you have it, my February wrap-up! It was a great reading month for me and hope that March will be kind to me as well. What was your favorite book you read this month?